Friday, January 21, 2011

February meeting



Our February meeting will take place on Monday 7th, at Owley Wood Club in Weaverham and we look forward to welcoming Barry McConnell as our guest speaker.


Barry is one of the country's most highly respected and accomplished eel and zander anglers and also the inventor of the 'Rollover Indicator'

I have been using 'Rollover's as an alternative to traditional drop-off type indicators for my pike fishing over the last 18 months (especially for fishing deadbaits at close range) and have to say that I am completely sold on them. They are a massive step forward in reducing resistance to a taking fish and, although I do still use other methods of indication in certain circumstances, the Rollover is now - by far - my preferred choice.

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

1 comment:

  1. A very interesting talk.
    I have some of Barry,s rollovers and use them for Pike as well as Eels. I think they superb.
    Regards,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete